Monday, May 11, 2009

There's no looking back



I spent the last weekend shopping, eating, cleaning house (rearranging house) and driving. The ride home is only 15 minutes, but I looked for paths where I could speed. Took the top down and cruised along. No looking back. Pump up the volume. Freedom! ~ My friends organized a party for me on Friday. Tim was asking if this was a boob wake, and I said it was a boob shower. Ha! I was surprised to receive gifts, its was like a birthday party! It was very sweet from my friends to do this somewhat unconventional party, but, it did the trick. We laughed and talked and drank wine! ~
Surgery is scheduled for 5 p.m. May 12, but I have to check in at noon for a 2:30 sentinel node injection. Not looking forward to that, at all. At least I can have breakfast before 8! Small pleasures... ~ I am surprised I am not much more anxious than what I am, but then again, I am an expert at hiding such feelings. Me? stressed out? nah! Ok. Maybe a little. ~ The surgery will last about 3 hours. Main surgeon takes breasts out, plastic surgeon cuts Latissimus Dorsi muscle (in the picture) and wraps it around the expanders (funky ballons in picture) that replace of my old, not so good boobs (although I still love them). They wrap me all up and send me to my room, all in about 3 hours. Plus one hour of me coming to it, that will be close to 10 or 11 p.m. getting into the room and bed. I wonder if some tequila would be out of the question? ~ Anybody can call and come see me, but good luck getting a coherent sentence out of me. All I say is don't make fun of me and don't write on my face with a sharpie (or anything else, for that matter). Or else. After that I should stay in the hospital for 2 or 3 nights, hopefully connected to the morphine drip. ~ Going home will be another story.

3 comments:

  1. Let me be the first to say (on this blog, at least) that you'll be fine. Furthermore, you're kicking cancer's F---ING ASS! Darlene and I wish we were up there to give you more support and to draw on your face. And, of course, the upshot is that from now on I'll be able to freely discuss your rack with you without it being awkward at all.

    Love you. And see you next month!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice graphics, by the way. Does this mean you're getting three boobs?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Claudia, you absolutely rock. Paul, you're crazy.

    ReplyDelete