Friday, July 30, 2010

Let the Race begin

Last night a friend of mine and I attended the team party for the Susan Komen Race For the Cure. It was very lively and the organizers did a great job rallying everybody. This year I registered a team called Life Curves, named, obviously, after this blog. And I would love it if you all decided to join my team! Last year's top fundraiser was Tim Jitloff. Some of you skiers from Nevada may recognize the name, he participated in the Vancouver Olympics last February. So, as of right now, we are only second to him! isn't that cool? I hold no dreams of being in this position too long. Last year he raised more than $7,000!
But I would be so honored and excited if all my friends, close and far, joined my team! 75% of the money raised stays in Northern Nevada and the rest goes to research. I hope some day cancer is no longer an illness we fear. Any type of cancer.

Also, I would like some suggestions for the team slogan. I was thinking something like "LIFE CURVES--Because you have to hit anything that comes your way, and win!" what do you guys think? I am not very good at this stuff, so I will gladly accept much more cool ideas!!

Thank you for your friendship and your support. Let's scratch year one down.

http://komennorthnv2010rftc.kintera.org/

No comments:

Post a Comment